Morgan Inspection Services Certified Inspectors
Servicing Abilene, TX & Surrounding Areas
What’s Included in a Home Inspection in Texas?
In Texas, home inspectors are licensed and regulated by the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC). TREC has set forth the requirements of a residential home inspection. The standard home inspection will cover almost every system in the home. It covers the following systems:
– Grading and Drainage
– Roof covering
– Roof Structure and Attic
– Ceilings and Floors
– Service Entrance and Panels
– Branch Circuits
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems
– Heating Equipment
– Cooling Equipment
– Ducts and Vents
– Water Supply System and Fixtures
– Drains, Wastes, Vents
– Water Heating Equipment
– Hydrotherapy Equipment
– Food Waste Disposal
– Range Hood
– Microwave Cooking Equipment
– Bath Exhaust Fans and/or Heaters
– Garage Door Operators
– Dryer Vents
– Lawn Sprinklers
– Swimming Poolsand Equipment
– Water Wells
– Septic Systems
All of the above systems (with the exception of the Optional systems) are required to be inspected if they are present.
NOTE: If a particular item or system is not accessible, it will not be inspected, and will be so noted on the inspection report.
Once the inspector has completed the inspection, he or she will produce a written report which is normally delivered to the client via email. The report will contain information (and most often photos) explaining the inspectors findings.
Here are some things to keep in mind when reading your home inspection report:
1. Almost every home has some deficiencies, and often, the majority of these deficiencies are minor or related to newer building standards that may not have been in place when the home was built.
2. It is not uncommon to have ten or more items marked as deficient on a home inspection report – even when the home is in good condition.
3. Home inspectors do not have x-ray vision, and they cannot predict the future. There are many parts of a home such as under carpet, inside walls, and behind furnishings that cannot be seen or inspected. Although its rare, an item that is functioning today could stop working tomorrow, and your home inspector often has no way of knowing that something is about to stop working.
What Our Customers Are Saying
“We have used Morgan Inspection Services 3 times now on our personal homes and have been pleased every time. I find him to be thorough & the report is detailed & easy to understand. We will use him or recommend again should the occasion arise.”
– Judy Walker-Hall (Facebook Review)
“Mike provided the exact service I needed. If you need a home inspection, well inspection or septic inspection I highly recommend Morgan Inspections. Mike was prompt, efficient and thorough. He answered all my questions quickly. Thanks Mike. I appreciate you and your company.“
– Dan Edmundson (Google Review)
“Mr. Morgan was very professional in the inspection he performed on the residence we are purchasing. He answered all of our questions and checked everything for us. Highly recommend.”
– Carla H. (BirdEye Review)
“My husband and I were so fortunate to have Mike do our inspection. He is an A+ professional, answered questions in a manner we understood. He made us feel safe to purchase our soon to be new home in an area new to us. And wow! We were his 5,000th inspection, which was free, with lovely balloons included! Thanks, Mike!”
– Nikki Whealan (Facebook Review)
“Mike came and inspected our home on a very short notice. He did a great job and identified several items that were in need of repair. Using Mike’s report we were able to negotiate the repairs with the seller. The seller had about $800 of repairs to complete; without this home inspection we would have had to pay for those ourselves. Mike is very professional; arrives when he told us he would; and had the final report back to us in less than 24 hours. We would recommend him to anyone who needed a home inspection!“
– Scott Stubblefield (Facebook Review)
“We met Mr. Morgan at a home we are hoping to purchase and he arrived ontime, and was very professional. We received an inspection that was both thorough and easy to read and understand.
It was a pleasure to work with someone who is so competent & experienced. We were also pleased that he sent the report in less than 24 hours (& it was a lengthy report because of the age of the home). We cannot overstate the value of his expertise and knowledge which we used to determine if we should go forward with our purchase. THANK YOU MIKE! for being so conscientious and for explaining everything to us to fully. You helped take some of the stress out of this purchase.“
– Sherri Warren (Google Review)